Master of Arts in Human Services
Southeastern’s Master of Arts in Human Services degree provides students with a theoretical and experience-based understanding of the human services profession. It is grounded in a core of specialized courses with additional course work in one of four specializations: administration, gerontology, children and family, and emergency management. Students who graduate from the master’s in human services online program are prepared for leadership positions in a variety of settings, including social services, education, behavioral health management, nonprofits, and health care.
Students who complete the MA in Human Services program will:
- Integrate the principles of the human services profession’s biblically informed values.
- Demonstrate collaborative and effective problem-solving skills using multiple theoretical approaches.
- Develop administration skills that require the application of theory in a variety of situations and settings pertaining to human service agencies.
- Research contemporary issues in human services to provide practical solutions, and communicate results through clear, concise, and appropriate media.
Total Credits: 36 hours
Program Length: Classes offered in 8-week sessions; may be completed in as few as 12 months
Program Delivery: Online classes
Tuition: $495 per credit hour
- Submit an application to www.seu.edu/apply
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (official transcripts required)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional standing)
- Submit an official GRE or MAT score
- A writing sample
- Three references (academic, professional, personal)
- Submit to a background check
Students who complete the human services program will be prepared for careers such as: