Master of Arts in Human Services
Southeastern’s Master of Arts in Human Services degree provides students with a theoretical and experience-based understanding of the human services profession. This non-clinical program allows students to choose a specialization based on the types of organizations and people they would like to help. Students who graduate from the master’s in human services online program are prepared to serve others in a variety of human services settings.
Students who complete the MA in Human Services program will:
- Integrate the principles of the human services profession’s biblically informed values.
- Demonstrate collaborative and effective problem-solving skills using multiple theoretical approaches.
- Develop administration skills that require the application of theory in a variety of situations and settings pertaining to human service agencies.
- Research contemporary issues in human services to provide practical solutions, and communicate results through clear, concise, and appropriate media.
Total Credits: 36 hours
Program Length: Classes offered in 8-week sessions; may be completed in as few as 12 months
Program Delivery: Online classes
Tuition: $495 per credit hour
- Submit an application to www.seu.edu/apply
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (official transcripts required)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional standing)
- Submit an official GRE or MAT score
- A 4- to 5-page personal statement addressing student’s reason for seeking a graduate degree in human services as a practitioner
- Three references (academic, professional, personal)
- Submit to a background check
Students who complete the human services program will be prepared for careers such as: