Impact the Next Generation
Advance your career as an educator or transition into a new area of teaching with one of Southeastern University’s online graduate and doctoral degrees in education. Acquire the skills necessary for making a greater impact on your students’ lives in any educational setting.
Learn from faculty who are dedicated to your success and bring real-world classroom experience and academic excellence to our online programs. Our programs feature challenging curricula, and our professors embed research-based best practices to ensure that you are modeling current methodology. Throughout your studies, you’ll be challenged to actively participate and apply the concepts you learn so that you can develop into an exemplary educator and professional, all while learning from a Christian perspective.
Our challenging online programs provide you with the opportunity for extensive field experiences, allowing you to graduate as a high-quality educator. You’ll discover teaching strategies that help your students learn as you actively participate in and apply various concepts, and study the latest teaching and learning methods.
Through faith-based learning, find out how to integrate the fruit of the spirit into your classroom. With your strengthened Christian character, you’ll be able to routinely exceed expectations of your students, their families, your coworkers and your administration.
- MEd in Elementary Education
- MEd in Educational Leadership
- MEd in Exceptional Student Education
- MEd in Exceptional Student Education/NILD Educational Therapy®
- MEd in Literacy Education
- MEd in TESOL
Southeastern University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees.
MEd Educational Leadership
Earn valuable credentials necessary for transitioning from an experienced educator to a school leadership position. Discover how to promote strong outcomes through a Christian-based approach to educational leadership.
MEd Elementary Education
Enhance your teaching skills for the elementary classroom, explore child development processes and build a strong understanding of curriculum design and contemporary teaching strategies.
MEd Exceptional Student Education
Learn practical, research-based knowledge that will help you educate students with diverse learning needs.
MEd Exceptional Student Education in Educational Therapy
Help students discover their potential through an individualized and/or small group and a therapeutic approach in a private, school-based or community-based practice. Learn how to identify and assess the needs of students with learning needs.
MEd Literacy Education
Prepare for a state certification in literacy education and give students a foundation for future academic and career success. Learn the best practices in teaching reading and language arts, as well as how to conduct reading assessments and more.
Help English language learners succeed in the classroom and prepare to earn your ESOL certification or teach abroad.
The SEU MEd and EdD programs provide aspiring educational leaders the opportunity to add the pursuit of an advanced degree from a biblical worldview while continuing in their current professional position. Courses are taught by caring, professional instructors who provide timely and instructive feedback.Dr. Janet L. Deck SEU Professor of Education
Careers in Teaching and Education
Through any of our online education degrees, you’ll have the necessary skills to excel as an educator or academic leader. Possible career outcomes for our teaching programs include:
- Elementary Teacher
- Secondary Teacher
- Curriculum Coordinator
- Assistant Principal
- ESE Teacher
- Educational Therapist
- Program Director
- School Superintendent
- College Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
- Because our online tuition rate is already discounted, we do not offer additional internal scholarships. However, we encourage you to apply for external scholarships. Connect with your tuition planner for additional information.
- We accept transfer credit all the way up to the master's degree level and offer free transfer credit evaluations. Transfer credits are accepted from regionally accredited colleges and universities, as well as institutions accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education. We also accept transfer credits from nationally accredited or unaccredited institutions if an articulation agreement exists. For information, view our Transfer Policy.
- As an online student, you're still part of a community. We have enrollment counselors, advisors and tuition planners who will work closely with you for the duration of your program. You’ll also have access to our tutoring services, career services and the online library.
- We offer six start dates throughout the year, so you can begin classes when it’s most convenient for you. To view start dates and other important dates, view our Academic Calendar.